The fatman chronicles--all hope renounce, ye lost, who enter here

"If the FEC makes rules that limit my First Amendment right to express my opinion on core political issues, I will not obey those rules."--Patterico's Pledge

Thursday, August 25, 2005

How The Heck Did This Happen?

I was just trying to comment over at Rightwingsparkle's and the next thing you know BAM!!! I've got a blog!

Oh well. I've got it now, I might as well do something with it. First a few rules:

1) If I post anything at all, it'll be about the things that interest me (politics, baseball, women dancing nude). If this doesn't interest you, fine. I don't have any burly security guards at the door preventing you from leaving.

2) In the unlikely event that anyone wants to comment, watch the language. Don't leave any comments that you wouldn't want your mother to read. Think George Carlin's "Seven words you can't say on television or radio." (Or at least use ******* asterisks to get across WTF you're trying to say.)

3) No personal insults. You want to attack what someone (including me) is saying, attack what they're saying, not them. You get one warning about this (and language, for that matter). Second time it happens, you're gone.

4) Finally, keep in mind that this is not a democracy. It is a one-man dictatorship and I am the Big Kahuna and it has gone to my head. If you have a problem with that, I refer you to Rule #1.

There will probably be a few more rules and clarifications in the future. After all, I am making this up as I go along.

UPDATE: Rule #5: No posting of copyrighted material. I'm not paying huge fines and maybe going to jail just because some twit can't think of something original to say. If I even think it's copyrighted, it's getting deleted and you're getting your one warning.


Update:Rule #6: No anonymous comments. It gets too confusing. Pick a name or a handle, I don't care which, but pick something. Anonymous comments will be deleted, even the ones saying I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread.