The fatman chronicles--all hope renounce, ye lost, who enter here

"If the FEC makes rules that limit my First Amendment right to express my opinion on core political issues, I will not obey those rules."--Patterico's Pledge

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Singing the Blues

I was strolling through the park one day,
in the merry, merry month of May...

Actually, it was sometime in August and I was scrolling through a thread at Wizbang when I came across a link provided by another commenter, True Blue. So, being open to new experiences, I clicked it.

http://%20blueflypaper.blogspot.com/

is the home page for Blue Flypaper, run by the aforementioned True Blue, who has got to be the most clueless moonbat who ever breathed.

At first I couldn't believe what I was reading. I figured "This has to be satire." But the more I read, the more I realized that this dingbat is serious.

First of all, she's a woman (or womyn, as she would put it). I have never met a woman who was any good at satire (sarcasm doesn't count). Then there's her support for Rosie O'Donnell for SCOTUS, John Edwards to head up the New Orleans relief effort, Jesse Jackson for President in '08 and a since removed (or maybe archived; I forgot to check there) post pushing John Kerry as the new director of NASA. I mean, parody is one thing, but this is beyond the pale.

She's also a militant advocate of gun control (though she's willing to make an exception for Rosie). Heck, doesn't she realize that guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens are the only thing standing between us and the abyss?

And when I pointed out to her that a diet of raw vegetables and spring water is a good way to keep her friends upwind of her, she called me a smarta**. Me, a smarta**? Moi???

Finally, there's the Blue Flypaper Black List, her list of Euro-centric, conservative, male-operated web sites to boycott; Euro-centric, conservative, female-operated web sites need not apply (check out True Blue's response to Next to Last Samurai in the comments' thread for "Blue Flypaper Lambasts Mr. Minority" to see what I mean). Typical liberal; worried about the motes in our eyes while ignoring the two-by-four in her own.

Well, there's nothing else for it; I have to ask--nay, demand-- that all of my loyal readers (and you know who you are) boycott Blue Flypaper. As soon as I figure out how to do it, I'm starting my own little Black List. And she'll be the first one on it.

It's a shame it had to come to this. I'd much rather sit around the campfire, hold hands and sing "Kumbaya." But some people just leave you no choice.