The fatman chronicles--all hope renounce, ye lost, who enter here

"If the FEC makes rules that limit my First Amendment right to express my opinion on core political issues, I will not obey those rules."--Patterico's Pledge

Friday, September 16, 2005

Time to Get Serious

As you may have noticed, I haven't been blogging much. There are a lot of reasons for this, both technical and personal, that I won't bore you with. But I've decided that if I'm going to do this, it's time to do it, rather than sit around dithering about it. But while I'm putting everything together, including my own blogroll, I was wondering if I could solicit some opinions.

1) On the subject of blogroll netiquette, if I want to add somebody to my blogroll, should I ask their permission first? My instincts say yes, and it's not like anybody's likely to notice any traffic coming their way from me. I just don't want to seem like I'm trying to hit up big sites to blogroll me.

2) Again, netiquette. I've noticed, to my chagrin, that the oh-so-clever title to my blog is already being used by someone else. Should I change the title (which will probably mean abandoning this site and starting all over) ? Should I ask him if he minds and then doing something about if he does? I wouldn't feel right just ignoring the question and hoping it goes away.

3) Technical this time. I'm using Internet Browser and Internet Explorer and on both of them the right sidebar is screwed up, with my profile, recent posts, etc. displaying at the bottom instead of at the top. If anyone not using Browser or IE comes calling, could you let me know how it looks to you?

4) Speaking of Browser, I've been having issues with it lately, and not for the first time. I'm seriously considering un-installing it and going with something else. Anyone have an alternative to suggest?

I can visualize you all rolling your eyes and muttering "rookies." I know, because I've done the same thing. But any feedback or help would really be appreciated.

Update: Check out the new title. And Google says nobody else is using it. Problem solved. (That one anyway.)

Update: I exchanged comments with The Sasquatch, who runs the other "The Fatman Chronicles." He said he didn't have a problem with me using the name, so I switched it back. And as he pointed out, if someone starts ranting about something we said, we can always blame the other guy. Heh.