The fatman chronicles--all hope renounce, ye lost, who enter here

"If the FEC makes rules that limit my First Amendment right to express my opinion on core political issues, I will not obey those rules."--Patterico's Pledge

Friday, November 18, 2005

An Open E-Mail To Rick Santorum

A copy of an e-mail I sent to Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA) about this and this:

"I was both shocked and appalled by your craven decision to vote for S. Amendment 2518, which can accurately be described as the "Cowardly Senate Act ofSurrender of 2005." I always knew you were both arrogant and self-centered, even when I was volunteering for your 1994 Senate campaign and voting for you twice. But I also always thought you had a spine. Apparently I was wrong.

That, and voting for you, are mistakes I promise I won't make again."

Now I didn't bother sending any such message to Snarlin' Arlen Specter (R-PA) (he also voted for it) simply because I expected no better from him. I did expect better from lil' Ricky. So I guess it's time to make Santorum live up to the term limits pledge that was such an integral part of the GOP's *Contract With America* in 1994.

h/t to Mark at Decision '08 & Hugh Hewitt