The fatman chronicles--all hope renounce, ye lost, who enter here

"If the FEC makes rules that limit my First Amendment right to express my opinion on core political issues, I will not obey those rules."--Patterico's Pledge

Thursday, June 29, 2006

John McCain Joins The Blogosphere

Arizona Sen. John McCain (R) has (alledgedly) written a post for the blog Porkbusters. (The link takes you to the first comment. Scroll up to read McCain's post.) The following is a comment I left there.

First of all, thank you for your service during the Vietnam War. You are, in that respect, a far better man than I ever was or ever will be.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same thing about your service in the Senate. Whether it's earning a 100% rating on gun control from the left-wing site "Progressive Punch", caving into Vicente Fox and George Bush on the "guest-worker" (read "amnesty/open borders") policy or trashing the First Amendment just because you're too thin-skinned to handle criticism, you've managed to convince me that I wouldn't vote for you for dog catcher, let alone President of the United States.


I later went back and added a second comment.


Sorry, but I forgot to mention that I find your attempts to wrap yourself in the mantle of Ronald Reagan particularly repugnant.

That pretty much says it all as far as I'm concerned.

h/t to: Rightwingsparkle