The fatman chronicles--all hope renounce, ye lost, who enter here

"If the FEC makes rules that limit my First Amendment right to express my opinion on core political issues, I will not obey those rules."--Patterico's Pledge

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Another Vote For Giuliani

The Anchoress, writing in response to Nate Nelson of the blog Catholic? Rudy Watch, defends her continued support of Rudy Giuliani for President, in spite of his continued support of abortion and civil unions. It's a very civil debate, and well written too, neither of which you see too often these days. Both debate from a Catholic point of view, which I can sort of understand, being a recovering Catholic (that's like being a recovering alcoholic, only we don't spend the next day trying to remember what we did the night before).

As for me, I'm undecided, but leaning towards the "Just say no to Rudy" camp. Now I don't care about Giuliani's support of civil unions. But abortion (particularly partial-birth abortions) and gun control are two of my hot buttons and Giuliani pushes them both. In fact, the only two things he's got going for him, other than his obvious leadership abilities (which I must admit count for a lot) is that he's not John McCain or Hillary Clinton.

Oh well. Ask me again in two years.

h/t to: Lorie Byrd at Wizbang!